Hello everyone! I’m celebrating a land mark date for myself… I’ve been blogging for one year! I’m really into celebrating milestones, however big or small. Achieving goals and accomplishments keeps your dreams big and keeps them growing. I am by no means a pro when it comes to social media, in fact, I still feel that I am in the infant stages. I’m a baby blogger. Here are some things I’ve learned along the way.
1. Consistency is key. When I first started out, I didn’t have a set schedule and often times posted at random. I still get stuck in this at times, I get busy, life gets in the way, etc, we are all guilty of this. There needs to be a sense of regularity and not haphazard times of whenever is convenient.
2. Quality not quantity. I’ll be honest, I published quite a bit of things that I cringe at now. I had this urge to get things out there as soon and as much as possible, that the quality wasn’t the best. Regardless, I’ve decided to keep those posts up because they are still ME. Throughout this blogging journey, they became a reminder to myself of how far I’ve come and to learn from mistakes I’ve made.
3. It’s harder than it looks. Initially, I thought it was going to be easy. I mean, my topic is about dresses and although it may be superficial “fluff”, it really does require some time and effort. There’s a whole system in place and not as simple as snapping pics. Photos, location, content, thoughts and ideas all come together to form just one post.
4. Engagement is key. You can have the most aesthetically pleasing post, but without anyone to read or comment can leave you feeling disheartened. Engaging with other like minded people who share your vision or have things in common with are the ways to grow. Building yourself can only happen when you network with others. I struggle with this to this day. In my “real” day to day life, I am quite shy. It’s been difficult sometimes to get out of my own head or come out of my shell, even if it is behind a computer screen.
5. Have fun with it! I’ve come to realize that the more I’ve been doing it, the more enjoyment and fun I’ve had. For example, looking for great photo opportunities and locations ended up becoming a way to travel and experience new things. I probably never would have been to certain places or tried new things if it weren’t for that. It really got me out of my comfort zone.
Thank you so much for following along with me this past year on my blogging journey. I am beyond grateful. This has been such a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
- What I Wore
- Gingham Checkered Dress by Old Navy
In a world full of pants, be a dress ~ Jules
Thanks for sharing these tips they are really helpful as I am about to start a blog in the next month so I will keep these in mind. Love your blog 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are so welcome! I’m definitely still learning as I’m going and I’m falling in love with the process. Please do start your blog, it’s the first step in your journey. I look forward to reading it! 😍