In my last post, I talked about 5 things I’ve learned in my year in blogging. Today, I’m going to discuss 5 things you shouldn’t do.
1. Don’t get discouraged. A single post or photo can really launch or propel someone in the blog-osphere. Everything happens in its own time, exactly when it’s supposed to happen. The universe doesn’t make mistakes. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It takes time. Sometimes, a really long time! But keep going, keep posting, and keep pushing through.
2. Don’t get too offended. When you put yourself out there on the internet, you’re going to be met with the positive and the negative. Not everyone is going to like or agree with what you have to say or what you’re wearing. Take it as constructive criticism and and keep it moving. You’ve got to develop some thick skin.
3. Don’t follow for follow. It may work but it’s a tiresome game to play. Build. Engage. Network.
4. Don’t be fake. Be yourself, be your most authentic self. Let your self shine and the rest of the world will see that. Be fake and the world will see that too. Would you say that or wear that in real life? If you’re not being truthful or it feels uncomfortable, it will show. Don’t be like anyone else, be authentically you.
5. Don’t compare. It’s too easy to scroll through and compare your thoughts and photos to others. For every photo out there, there will be another that’s going to be better, without a doubt. If you compare yourself to others, you will never feel good enough. You are enough, I promise!
Hope you liked this post and the combined looks! Outfit deets below:
- What I Wore
- Black jumpsuit by Asos
- Floral romper dress by Rue21
- Plaid mini dress by Blooming Jelly (Amazon)
In a world full of pants, be a dress ~ Jules