Seattle is getting caught up in a snow storm this weekend. I thought, what better time to do a “get to know me” post. Beyond my love for dresses and the color pink, I’ll be sharing 10 things about me, some “real stuff” and some “fun fluff.” Let’s start with the first 5, so be sure to check my upcoming post for Part II.
1. I’m quite shy. On the exterior, you may never guess it, I can smile, make small talk and engage in conversations. On the inside, I’m rattled and having a mini social anxiety moment. I’m not one to be the center of attention although what’s on the outside doesn’t always reflect that. I like to wear bright colors and standout patterns and you would think that I have a loud, outgoing and boisterous personality. However, I’m quite the opposite. Maybe the things I am wearing on the outside is just myself projecting who I want to be internally. My love of pink and animal prints may well be a good reflection of who I really am underneath and this is my way of bringing her out.
2. When I was younger, my dream was to be a model and a writer. I went about it the unconventional and non traditional way, but I can actually say that I’m living my dream. This may not be everyone else’s idea of being a model/ writer, but it’s mine. This is making me happy and I’m falling in love with the process. I get to wear my dresses and write about it! Always be your own star! Therefore, in my eyes, I’m model and a writer.
3. I’m hopelessly directionally challenged. It doesn’t matter if I’ve been there a dozen times or if my GPS is on. Chances are, Ill take the street right before, miss an exit or just take a wrong turn in general. I’m not sure how it happens, but if you want to be late or lost, I’m your girl. I try, I really do.
4. I love coffee! I’m not sure if it’s a prerequisite to love coffee if you are a Seattle-ite, given that there are Starbucks and barista stands on every corner. I started when my son was a toddler, just to keep up with all of his energy. Years later, I’m still finding excuses for my morning cup of joe. There is nothing quite like a jolt of java that gets me going into high gear.
5. I’m a vegetarian. At times, i can be a “flexitarian” but generally I choose to go meatless. It was a choice I made a few years ago and I’m genuinely happy with my lifestyle change. Don’t get me wrong, vegetarian doesn’t always mean healthy. I can’t turn down cheese and indulge in more than my fair share of chips and candy. With meat though, I just don’t have a taste for it.
Thanks for stopping! What are some fun facts about you? Do we share some things in common? Let me know!
***What I Wore***
- Black A line Dress by Lulus
- White Jacket by Aeropostale
- Bright Pink Tall Gloss Rainboots by Hunter Boots
- Floral leggings by Lularoe
In a world full of pants, be a dress~ Jules